On Tuesday, 19 September, the event organized by the Slovak Bar Association and Vienna International Arbitral Centre of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber (VIAC) entitled „Standards of judicial review in the arbitration context: the Austrian and Slovak approaches compared“ took place in Bratislava.
We would like to thank our distinguish panelists for their valuable contributions:
- Andrea Moravčíková, Vice President of the Slovak Supreme Court (Najvyšší súd Slovenskej republiky),
- Erich Schwarzenbacher, Judge at the Austrian Supreme Court and VIAC Board Member,
- Nikolaus Pitkowitz, VIAC President,
- Lucia Raimanova, VIAC and ArbCEE Board Member and partner at Allen&Overy
- Ľudovít Mičinský, Slovak Bar Association Board Member and VIAC Ambassador for Slovakia
We also extend our appreciation to the 90+ participants who filled the premises of the Slovak Bar Association.
Austria and Slovakia have high-quality laws on arbitration and reputable platforms for fair and effective arbitration. On top of that, our conference once again reaffirmed the indispensable role of a modern judicial review system, allowing for the growth of fair arbitration. This is a good news for clients and legal practitioners in the CEE seeking professional, effective, and fair commercial dispute resolution.